Translate

Wednesday 6 April 2016

Apology to my viewers.

Hi everyone

I'm very sorry for not having posted in the last 2 months. I was unwell for a short while, then my wife had an operation on her foot. It left her bed-bound for a week or two, when she she could get down stairs, she needed a lot of looking after. I didn't have much time for anything else for several weeks.

I will be posting again as soon as I can.

Just to be going on with here is a photo I took of the wonderful Flying Scotsman steam engine in York, at the National Railway Museum.

The locomotive set two world records for steam traction. It was the first steam locomotive to be officially recorded reaching 100 miles an hour (160.9 km/h) on the 30th of November 1934.

Then in 1989, it set a second world record. This time for the longest non-stop run by a steam locomotive. It travelled 422 miles (679 km) on the 8th of August in 1989, while it was visiting Australia.

The Flying Scotsman

Thanks for being patient
Gordon.

No comments:

Post a Comment